The Museum is known for its collection of over 200 carriages and its extensive collection of work by the Hudson River School painter William Sidney Mount and over 4000 other paintings, sculptures and prints.
It became a Smithsonian affiliate in 2006. Main Street at Route 25A. Nine-acre, three-museum complex includes carriage collection, changing art/ history exhibitions.
Regular hours: Open year-round, Fri. & Sat., 10 a.m.-5 p.m., and Sun., noon-5 p.m. Open Memorial Day, Labor Day and Columbus Day, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Fee.
1200 NY-25A, Stony Brook, NY 11790